St Cedd’s C of E School
Part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust
St Cedd’s is a friendly village school in Bradwell-on-Sea, Southminster. We are proud to be a part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust.
We would like to provide an introduction to the opportunities available to the children who join our school, and to the values and beliefs within which the school operates.
This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing up to date information for parents, pupils and the wider community.
Our Vision & Ethos
Our aim is to provide a high quality, broad and balanced education, enabling all our children to achieve their potential as unique individuals, within a distinctive Christian ethos. The talents of each child are recognised and celebrated. Every child is precious and it is a privilege to be a part in their development.
The aims of St. Cedd’s C of E School are founded on the recognition that the family and the school are working together for the development of our children. It is in this context that we aim to create an environment underpinned our Christian values of:
These enable each of our pupils to grow, develop a love of learning and the abilities which will enable them to become confident young people who can make a positive contribution to society.
To develop and support the individual needs and talents of all members of our school community and to enable them to learn and live through faith and education we aim to:
- Provide a caring Christian community in which all are valued for the unique contribution they can make to the school and the wider world.
- Provide a stable and stimulating environment conducive to study and learning, integrating every aspect of the child’s development, where individual talents are fostered and encouraged and which allows each person to reach their full potential.
- Through the development of spirituality and community life and worship we aim to enable the children to appreciate and respect themselves, their world and the feelings, beliefs and cultures of those around them.
- Provide a wide curriculum that develops the unique potential of each person and educates the whole child in an environment which encourages growth in self confidence and the acquisition of skills, attitudes and values.
- Recognise that the child is living now and not just for the future, and that they should be happy, purposeful and able to contribute to the society around them